Int. Leopold Mozart Society
ILMG (Internationale Leopold-Mozart-Gesellschaft) was founded in 1992 in Augsburg, where Leopold Mozart was born. Members dedicate themselves to interdisciplinary research into Leopold’s life, his work and surroundings as well as the consolidation and circulation of what is known of his life and work. In addition, ILMG supports the performance of his music and its release on sound storage media.
Another important task is the analysis of the many documents on or by Leopold Mozart, which exist in Augsburg’s archives (these include sheet music from the canons’ foundation of “Heilig Kreuz” in the city’s and county’s library, the largest part of the so-called Zenger Collection in the Augsburg Archive, as well as musical manuscripts and prints of the “Stift Lambach” from Upper Austria and music manuscripts of the Royal Library of Oettingen-Wallerstein, in the library of the University of Augsburg.)
At present, approximately 50 people are members of this society.
To date, the most important activities of the society have been:
- Organising two Leopold Mozart seminars in 1994 and 1999
- Publishing the first three volumes of “Beiträge zur Leopold-Mozart-Forschung” (Essays on research into Leopold Mozart) in 1994, 1995, 1997
- Since 2004, publishing the newspaper “Leopold-Mozart-Nachrichten”, which provides information on literature, sheet music and CDs as well as concert dates
- Acting as organisers of the 53rd German Mozart Festival in Augsburg in May 2004
- Acting as organisers of Augsburg’s Mozart Festival in May 2005
The following activities are planned:
- Organisers of the Mozart Summer at Salem Castle, Lake Constance in August 2005
- Taking part in events organised by the City of Augsburg in 2006, the year of Mozart
- Providing financial support for the publication of a book with symphonies by Leopold Mozart
- Publishing Cliff Eisen’s catalogue of all works by Leopold Mozart in “Beiträge zur Leopold-Mozart-Forschung”
- Publishing the dissertations of Christian and Erich Broy with the findings of a university research project on Leopold Mozart, which was financially supported by the “Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft” and is also to be published in “Beiträge zur Leopold-Mozart-Forschung”.
Prof Dr Marianne Danckwardt (president); Helma Kurz (deputy); Claudia Gedrich, (treasurer); Günther Grünsteudel (secretary)
Past President: Josef Mančal
Prof Dr Rudolf-Dieter Kraemer, Prof Dr Franz Krautwurst, Franz Wallisch, Dr Bernd Wißner
Geschäftsstelle (office): c/o Prof Dr Marianne Danckwardt, Eibenweg 1b, 82194 Gröbenzell, Germany, phone: 0049-8142-8793, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.leopold-mozart.de